Are you interested in being involved with Rock Camp for Girls year round?
Rock Camp for Girls Montreal is seeking new Board Members for 2014-2015!
Board Members are responsible for governing the organization to make sure that our summer camp and year-round choir programs continue and grow in the coming years. Rock Camp for Girls is looking for Board Members who are invested in the organization’s growth and well-being.
You can check out Rock Camp for Girls’ mission and mandate on our website: www.girlsrockmontreal.com/. Individuals who identify as women, genderqueer, or gender non-conforming are welcome to apply for these leadership positions. Board members are all volunteers and cannot be financially compensated, and are expected to fulfill 1 or 2 year terms.
Responsibilities of the RC4G Board of Directors
- To establish and evaluate the organization’s vision, mission, and direction
- To ensure the financial health of the organization
- To ensure the organization has sufficient and appropriate human resources
- To direct operations of the organization
We are a Working Board. What does that mean?
- Board members are actively involved in decision making and in planning the short, medium, and long term goals of the organization.
- Board Members act as point people for committees- they organize meetings with volunteers and communicate committee work back to the Board. The committees are Events, Donor Relations, Accessibility, Outreach, Merch, and Grant Writing.
- Board members provide general organizational support (For example, volunteering during events, facilitating outreach workshops, or joining ad hoc committees).
- The Board of Directors meets once a month for a minimum of 3 hours, plus 5-20 hours per month of additional work (committee meetings, individual work, events, e-mailing, etc).
Board Members must understand and identify with Rock Camp’s mission and mandate. They have experience or are interested in:
- Youth programming
- Working in a community-based not-for-profit organization
- Working in a collective, with a consensus based decision making process
- Working with anti-oppression and feminist frameworks
Some skill sets that would be assets to the Board are:
- Previous experience volunteering with Rock Camp for Girls
- Fundraising, grant-writing, and budgeting
- Leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Community outreach or public relations experience
- Organized, committed, motivated
- Taking on multiple projects at a time and working on a tight deadline
- Comfortable and timely with e-mail communication
- Able to speak and/or write in French
To apply, send us a short paragraph explaining why you want to be on the Rock Camp for Girls Board of Directors, by Tuesday, October 14 at midnight. This will be sent by e-mail to our membership before our Annual General Meeting.
The AGM will be on Saturday, October 18, 2014, from 11am to 2pm, where board nominees will give a short speech. Board members will be voted in by the membership at the AGM.
Send your application or any questions to email@example.com