Are you interested in being involved with Rock Camp for Girls year round?
Rock Camp for Girls Montreal is seeking interim Board Members for 2015!
Rock Camp for Girls currently has two interim positions available on our Board of Directors. Interim Board members will serve 9-month terms (March 2015- October 2015) until the 2015 Annual General Meeting, at which they will have the opportunity to re-run in the 2015-2016 Board elections.
Board Members are responsible for governing the organization to make sure that our summer camp and year-round choir programs continue and grow in the coming years. Rock Camp for Girls is looking for Board Members who are invested in the organization’s growth and well-being.
You can check out Rock Camp for Girls’ mission and mandate on our website: www.girlsrockmontreal.com/. Individuals who identify as women, genderqueer, or gender non-conforming are welcome to apply for these leadership positions. Board members are all volunteers and cannot be financially compensated.
Some skill sets that would be assets to the current Board are:
· Experience with developing community partnerships and event-planning, and/or interest in leading the Events and Partnerships Committee
· Leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
· Organized, committed, motivated
· Taking on multiple projects at a time and working on a tight deadline
· Comfortable and timely with e-mail communication
· Able to speak and/or write in French
· Previous experience volunteering with Rock Camp for Girls
Responsibilities of the RC4G Board of Directors
· To establish and evaluate the organization’s vision, mission, and direction
· To ensure the financial health of the organization
· To ensure the organization has sufficient and appropriate human resources
· To direct operations of the organization
We are a Working Board. What does that mean?
· Board members are actively involved in decision making and in planning the short, medium, and long term goals of the organization.
· Board Members act as point people for committees- they organize meetings with volunteers and communicate committee work back to the Board. The committees are Events, Partnerships & Donations, Accessibility, Outreach, Merch, and Grants.
· Board members provide general organizational support (For example, volunteering during events, facilitating outreach workshops, or joining ad hoc committees).
· The Board of Directors meets once a month for a minimum of 3 hours, plus 5-20 hours per month of additional work (committee meetings, individual work, events, e-mailing, etc).
Board Members must understand and identify with Rock Camp’s mission and mandate. They have experience or are interested in:
· Youth programming
· Working in a community-based not-for-profit organization
· Working in a collective, with a consensus based decision making process
· Working with anti-oppression and feminist frameworks
To apply, send us a short paragraph explaining why you want to be on the Rock Camp for Girls Board of Directors, by Wednesday, February 18th at midnight.
Applications will be considered by the current Board of Directors, and candidates will be notified of the status of their application in early March.
Send your application or any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.girlsrockmontreal.com for more information!