Volunteer Position Available at Rock Camp for Girls Montreal – Seeking Camp Coordinator to join our team!
Volunteer Position Title:
Duties / description:
Coordinators at Rock Camp for Girls Montreal are responsible for the coordination and execution of all aspects of the summer camp. They work as part of a team with other coordinators to plan and execute a yearly summer camp for girls, young women, and trans-identified youth in Montreal. Supported by the Board of Directors and various committees, they work year-round to organize and implement the programming and logistical aspects of the camp, as well as liaising with community and/or fundraising events throughout the year.
Rock Camp for Girls Montreal welcomes individuals who identify as women, genderqueer, or gender non-conforming to apply for such leadership positions at the camp.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong time-management skills
- Comfortable taking on several areas of responsibility at once
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, to lead in groups, and be open and flexible in work style.
- Familiarity and commitment to feminist and anti-oppression practice in community organizing, and the mission & mandate of Rock Camp
- Interest in skill-sharing
- Passionate about music and arts as tools for youth empowerment
- Excellent spoken and written English; (spoken and written French an asset.)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Fundraising & funding: Knowledge and experience around fundraising; cultivating and maintaining donor networks and partnerships; fundraising event coordination; grant writing skills and experience; developing organizational fundraising culture.
- Youth work: Any and all experience relating to programming for youth, especially girls or young women, in schools and/or community settings. Experience with conflict resolution training an asset.
- Equipment & sound: Strong knowledge and experience of music equipment; ability to set up multiple practice spaces; strong organizational and coordination skills; ability to develop and lead gear sponsorship and coordination; live sound engineering an asset.
- Communications & social media: Skills and experience in community public relations, event promotions, networking, media relations, social media and online communications.
1 year commitment (November 1st-October 31st)
- November – January (5-10 hours/month)
- February – April (15 hours/month)
- May (25 hours/month)
- June (50 hours/month)
- July (130 hours/month)
- August – October (5-10 hours/month)
Coordinators must be available for monthly coordinator and committee meetings and occasional board meetings. Coordinators are not required to join committees, but may do so if related to interest or area of coordination work. Meetings increase in frequency closer to camp (up to 2-3 times a week in peak periods). All meetings are scheduled according to coordinator and committee availabilities. In addition to meetings, coordinators usually check-in over the phone or e-mail on an ongoing basis.
Please note that this is a volunteer position with an honorarium of $3,000. The honorarium is distributed over the course of the contract but does not account for all the hours worked.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and Letter of Intent to: rockcampforgirlsmontreal@
The deadline to apply is 31/10/2014 at midnight. The position starts 15/11/2014. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For all questions please contact rockcampforgirlsmontreal@