Position Available at Rock Camp for Girls and Gender Nonconforming Youth Montreal – Seeking a Financial and Administrative Coordinator to join our team!
Position Title: Financial and Administrative Coordinator
Rock Camp for Girls* Montreal (RCFG*) is seeking an experienced Financial and Administrative Coordinator! The Financial and Administrative Coordinator will work year-round to keep an up-to-date account of the financial health of the organization. Please see the Job Description below for details and responsibilities to be filled by the Financial and Administrative Coordinator.
The Financial and Administrative Coordinator will work closely with the Board of Directors and other coordinators, attending monthly board meetings and sharing monthly financial reports.
RCFG* recognizes that folks facing marginalization and oppression face significant challenges in the workforce, and also have unique and valuable skills and perspectives to bring to this position. People of colour, people with disabilities, women, two-spirited and queer people, trans people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants can disclose as little or as much information as they wish in their application. Please contact us for any further information.
- Previous bookkeeping and or non-profit administration experience
- Previous involvement with the non-profit sector, specifically working with a Board of Directors
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Commitment to our mission and mandate
- Previous volunteer experience with Rock Camp for Girls*
- Familiarity with feminist / anti-oppression frameworks
- Familiarity with provincial and federal charity and non-profit filing
- Familiarity with accounting software, preferably QuickBooks
- Tracking income / expenses and petty cashflow
- Processing biweekly payroll, and filing and submitting associated government remittances
- Attend Board Meetings once a month to present updated budgets and finances
- Coordinate with committees, coordinators, and Board members in order to track finances and government filing
- Banking (deposits, communication with bank, ordering cheques, printing statements, etc)
- Closing the financial year (August 31)
- Liaise with the organization’s accountant to prepare the year-end audit as well as financial report for the Annual General Meeting
- Managing donor database and receipts
- Liaising with the government and updating government documents, including annual charity registration, and updating Registre des Enterprises
Time commitment and remuneration
- Between 15-20 hours/month: The coordinator will work approximately 15-20 hours per month, depending on the time of year. For example, there will be heavier workloads around camp week and year-end closing. The coordinator will be responsible for managing their own hours throughout the year.
- Attending one Board Meetings a month, approximately 2-3 hours/month (paid).
How to apply
Please send a CV and Letter of Intent to Éloïse Choquette at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Financial and Administrative Coordinator Position” in the subject line.
The deadline to apply is October 11, 2017. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.